Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Picture of William H. Gates

The power of Bill Gates, I’m convinced, comes not from the vast sums of money we spend every year on Microsoft products but from the great oceans of time those products suck from our lives. Whenever a Word document gets corrupted or an Excel spreadsheet loses its external links, we lose the time fixing the problem to Bill, and drop by drop he gains his strength from our puny losses. Even waiting for Windows XP to start up, I get a good sense of how the picture of Dorian Gray must have felt at the start of each new day.

8 comments:

  1. oh nice touch with the dorian grey pic...and ha...def a fresh take on the vampire theme...old bill...draining away time and money, that is for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brian, nice fresh take! Rings true of so many we give time, money, and political power to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard many people say I should try Open Office, but here I am, still giving Bill Gates money :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I can feel that blood draining out of me whenever I face another boot-up cycle, and I see that little hourglass (or whirligig) come up. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat. Love the analogy. Fun read, thanks and yeah, Microsoft does have that necessary evil thing going for them for sure, really does suck pieces away from us. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very cool.. i just love it...Whenever a Word document gets corrupted or an Excel spreadsheet loses its external links... love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious! Excellent idea for a reality which I wish did not exist. Even on the Mac, Word is slow... have you tried Google Docs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time to buy me some stock, then, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)