Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Do Over

The first stop on my trip back through time found me talking to my younger self as he was leaving for work on October 25, 1996.
     “Stay home today,” I told him. “Or better still, take a trip somewhere nice. They can’t fire you if they can’t find you.”
     February 9, 1980: “Listen, you are going to try to kiss her on the way home tonight, so you might want to practise a little first.”
     June 11, 1974: “When that Grade 8 girl asks you if you’re going to the dance today, it means she wants you to take her.”
Photo by Thomas Leuthard.

16 comments:

  1. Fun to look back in time at those moments, isn't it? I feel as if I was time traveling with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No guarantees if we were allowed a do over..would it be so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. smiles...if only we could correct the small little moments...but then again we would never get here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that Grade 8 girl was cute too, I wondered what happened to her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have a lot to say to a young me. But would he - I - listen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the concept. Great for this prompt.
    These three forks in life’s road, they reminded me of the movie “Sliding Doors.”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun look back. Carver, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is much of my life I really Don't want to Do over.
    Once is enough.
    Great post on looking back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If only we could do over parts of our lives. But then, the mistakes made us who we are today. But still...

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful if we can have do-overs for so many things :) Nice one for D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun post! It got me thinking of what would I do if I get the chance to do over some of my long time ago decisions.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)