Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Lifetime Goal

I’ve never particularly cared for the goal-setting cult, particularly when I’m forced to consider my long-term plans; but every once in a while I’ll give it a shot. For instance, I once announced my lifetime goal was to win a major award like a Grammy or an Oscar. I hadn’t a plan or any particular talent, but I figured if I at least hung around with the right people, I might just get lumped together with them into one of the technical categories. Failing that, I guess I’ll just wait for the Pulitzers to finally recognize excellence in technical writing.

10 comments:

  1. You still have time...

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW--my post today is about a good friend of mine at church who just won a GRAMMY. I'd like to join their chorale but they are way more talented than me.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lofty goal, but one that you just might reach with patience and hard work.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes life surprises you at moments you never believed to be different from any other moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I had a few life time goals,and since life has treated me well, I humbly say that my dreams came true. So I wish you the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never too late ^_^ ~ Fun post for ABC Weds .

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never know! Great Goal (even if I'm not a big one for setting them myself) and post for today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good goals. there's still hope. :)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)