Monday, November 28, 2011

Mr. Blue Sky

The sun is shining in the sky, there ain’t a cloud in sight, and here’s me, stuck again inside on the first nice day of Spring because of a stupid project I’ve put off for too long.
     And you don’t have to tell me I’m only making things worse listening to my music instead, because even on this beautiful new day (hey, hey), more than twenty years on, the final cut on ELO’s Greatest Hits can still leave me feeling I’m missing out, and it really doesn’t matter if it’s actually 2011 or 1980, website or essay, MP3 or vinyl.

Photo collage based on “Fist” by Daniel Haynes.

7 comments:

  1. The sun is shining in the sky, there ain’t a cloud in sight, and here’s me, stuck again inside on the first nice day of Spring because of a stupid project I’ve put for too long…

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power of music - any kind of music - in our lives should not be underestimated And I'm still in bed at 10 am, writing about music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In reading your poetic prose I can feel the beat of the music. So glad you joined this to Write2Day, Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could feel Mr Blue Sky calling from the past... indeed and streaming it works too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue skies.......blue skies......not a cloud in sight --- procrastinating, singin', your words just sing out of the prose.
    Glad to see you at dVerse today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SMiLes.. a philosophy
    class in '78.. a BlUe
    sKy trip to the
    beach and
    a DancE
    oF Bar..
    oh.. TrUly
    ELO was/iS
    correct.. God
    iS BlUe.. oN
    A SuNliT
    DancE..
    aLL day
    aNd niGht
    matters not
    what year
    as LonG
    as BLuE
    SkY iNside
    shines BriGht
    iN God SonG anD
    DancE YelloW oR
    reVoluTioN
    oranGe..:)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)