Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Half-hearted

That was the year I baked her a batch of gingerbread men, each with a cinnamon heart where their real hearts would be, back when I had yet to run out of ideas for Valentine’s Day and too often had way more time than money. That was my excuse, but I can’t remember hers.
     “I’m really sorry,” she said. “I didn’t have the time to get you anything, but I did think about buying a box of kid’s valentines and addressing them all to you.”
     That’s a cute idea, I thought.
     Maybe I can use it for my next girlfriend.

Photo by Debbi Smirnoff

12 comments:

  1. That is a good idea for valentine's day. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you HEARTLESS guy ;-)
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightfully written.
    I agree that there should be a next girlfriend..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roger is wrong! I think HER is heartless!

    leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a good read, and I agree with Leslie...Her is heartless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ho hum yes its a good excuse to the next in line :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next girlfriend sounds nice hehehe.

    Hygiene, your comment will be highly appreciated.
    Have a great Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just because of the cookie eh?

    Hands
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)