Saturday, May 16, 2015

Decalcification

My dentist was concerned about a couple of brown spots he’d found on my lower-left canine. Decalcification, he called it and planned on touching them up with a bit of bonding material. No freezing necessary.
     To his surprise, though, they turned out to be cavities. He was preparing the surface, he told me, “and the drill just sunk right in.”
     And for all of the horror I’ve seen in the spit bowl, I think it disturbed me more right then to hear my tooth decay discussed as casually as I might describe the wood rotting away on my front porch.
Image by Linda Wilson.

7 comments:

  1. That must’ve been quite terrifying at the time. Anyway, what did dentist suggest you do about it? I hope that there was a way that you could save the tooth. But if that is not an option, you can always opt for dental implants. Take care!

    Christy Hodges @ Smile Designers

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are brave... I am yet to make up my mind about visiting a dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a horror movie to me :) !

    Gattina
    ABC Wednesday Team
    http://gattina-keyholepictures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. But just think how your dentist will make those teeth dazzle in the long run. Seriously, my dentist wants to do an implant on me - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeeeks.... i hate dentists and what they want to do even if its necessary ;-)

    Melody (abcw)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)