Sunday, September 23, 2012

Conundrum (Lament for Modern Man #3)

From Sharp’s Q&A column, a pressing man-issue: bushy eyebrows – pluck or wax?
      Let me take this one.
      First – grow a pair. Then slip into the chair for a haircut at Joe’s in Little Italy. Joe has been clipping my remnants these many years. He decides, unbidden, if my eyebrows are too bushy. Scissors flashing, he’ll suddenly freeze, blades hovering and open before my eyeballs, to study the evidence, then carefully reach forward to snip one briar, then (for balance) the other. He’ll even clip an errant nostril hair, or something suspicious inside my ear. Disconcerting, manly, effective – and pain free.

Image:  Angie Muccillo

For the original inspiration for this series, see here.
For Part 2, see here.

2 comments:

  1. Lately I've been dishing advice like blue plate specials. It all started with that copy of Sharp. Got me thinking: just WHAT are we looking for? And why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So perfect. Thank you. What a walk threw the grooming session of a manly man. Loved the birds eye view.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)