Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sorry, Margaret Atwood

So, Margaret Atwood has joined other Canadian feminists in calling for the anthem to be edited back to its original. I like Margaret (and feminism), but I have to disagree with her. The line in question reads “true patriot love in all thy sons command.” They want it to read “in all of us command.” But being commanded to feel true patriot love is a bit much. Feelings can’t be commanded, and I’m not big on the whole patriot love concept either. Sorry, Margaret, but I’d rather just stick with an anthem that sticks that one to the sons.

Image: Canada's Walk of Fame.

2 comments:

  1. I spent the first 30 years of my life thinking it was son's (possesive) and it was referring to Jesus

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)