Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Natural

As Cada’s field had a granite erratic, it had great potential as an archaeological site. It’s human nature to love big rocks. Since we hang out on them ancient folks probably did too. But I’d yet to find anything there until cousin Peter came surface collecting with me. After I finished my pedantic lecture about what to look for, Pete got out of his truck walked right up to that rock, stooped down and plucked a perfect triangular point from the ground, “Like this?” He said. Obviously, Pete had an affinity with Middle Woodland dope smokers I hadn’t counted on.

1 comment:

  1. My friend Heather has a vast collection of four leaf clovers. somehow she has trained her eyes to only see the stems with four leaves. I've often been out on a walk with her when she casually reaches down to pluck something from the ground and then hands me a lucky clover - it's truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)