Wednesday, July 21, 2010

32-34-36

My memories of a 32-inch waist are based entirely on how I felt after the great jump to 34, so great that for years after I’d still look first for the rare 33-inch jeans that Levi-Strauss seemed to be making just for me, until even they finally figured out I was a firm 34. The transition to 36 was more gradual, but no less traumatic, although I still can take some solace in the 36-inch pants that gather around my waist when I tighten my belt, and the odd pair of gloriously mislabelled shorts I find in the bargain bin.

Read the exciting conclusion here. Photo from jerryonlife on Flickr.

5 comments:

  1. My waist seemed to expand each year lol.

    A writer's mind. of a six year old. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, unfortunately, I can relate.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the others... I too can relate. And holiday season doesn't help. That said, I wish you a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like a mislabelled size. I'll worry about the waist in the new year I think.
    Joy, ABC Team

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)