Thursday, July 8, 2010

So Much Meat

Think of your body as so much meat. It takes a long time to heat up and a long time to cool down; and the more meat you’ve got, the longer it takes. You’ll notice this when you leave your air-conditioned office on a day like this and wonder what everyone’s been fussing about . . . until you defrost. You can even apply this principal before going to bed, by soaking in a bath of the coldest water you can bear. The longer the soak, the longer you’ll sleep. Or, if you’re really lucky, you might even drift off in the tub.

Human Meat Chart by Madame Doe Design

11 comments:

  1. I've been "hot flashing" again lately, but I think it's the energy I have to use getting around with this dratted broken ankle! The furnace is on now, but I'm needing to open the door for fresh air! Blah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this during a particularly hot July a few years ago, but the inverse is just as true in the winter when you're trying to keep So Much Meat warm!

      Delete
  2. Interesting post for M week. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave us a completely new view of the human body!
    Have a nice week with the right temperature.
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid I really do have too much meat...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's interesting. One of my techniques I use when I can't sleep is to get up and read until I am thoroughly cold and then return to the warmth of my bed. It works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am afraid I would make a fine piece of "long pork", I eat a healthy omnivorous diet and am well marbled.
    Yep, that is what I am calling this middle from now on...well marbled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm interesting about the cold bath. Next time I have a problem with sleeping--I will think about this. I love uberrhund comment about marbled!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)