Monday, June 12, 2023

Seduction of the Innocent

I knew a kid in Grade 7 who liked to show off his comic collection, who made the mistake of showing it off to a kid in our class named Ned Kent, who then told his brother, who then told his friends, who then got together to steal the whole thing from Andy’s bedroom.
     I was catching up with Andy a while back, not long after I’d heard that Ned had died in his forties.
     “Fuck Ned Kent and his brother for stealing my comics!”
     So, I told him how Ned had died.
     “Fuck Ned Kent for making me care!”

Inspired by My late mother's collections. Seduction of the Innocent cover by Museum Press, London, 1955.

1 comment:

  1. When are you going to publish your collection of 100-word stories? Perfect bathroom reading. You'd sell a million!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)