Monday, September 6, 2010

Will you be my Valentine, or you?

My career as a Casanova began and ended on the Valentine’s Day I sent a card each to two particular young ladies I fancied. One card was forward enough, but two felt a tad promiscuous, and sending both girls the same card, even if I had made each by hand, seemed just a little bit tacky. But you know what? It worked! A fifty per cent response rate, which, although I was happy with what I got, left me thinking that maybe I should have cast a wider net . . . and wondering what I’d have done had they all said yes.

6 comments:

  1. You would have been IN TROUBLE!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Roger said, you would have been in big trouble. Clever post anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an excerise in direct mail marketing, this was a spectacular success. Imagine what could be done with a spam valentines program today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, what do they say to you in return?

    Please come and see the Voyage of the Mermaid. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too many women can cause lots of problems


    view of desert

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)