Monday, March 25, 2024

Letter to the Editor

I walked by St. Casimir’s yesterday and was reminded of Palm Sunday. In my early 20s, I denounced my Catholic upbringing. My ultra-liberal mind uniformly decided Catholicism was bad for women. Few things in life however are that black and white; most are grey with a ton of nuance. Religion can provide structure and settle an inner unease. It is rich with parables of reflection and wisdom, even richer when not infused with a sting of shame. Those congregating on Roncy after Mass always look entirely jovial. But maybe it is just because Mass is over; how I remember it.


Inspired by the Corpse’s recent newspaper theme. Photo by Wendy Whelan

2 comments:

  1. Especially the Easter mass… they don’t call it a vigil for nothing.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)