Monday, September 26, 2011

Lonely Hearts

I stumble when she cuts me off, but she doesn’t notice. She breezes across my path to enter a McDonald’s. Through the window, I see her join the line and bump the man in front of her. She ignores his glare and keeps her head down over her mobile.  She pecks with both thumbs.  “I’m busy,” her posture proclaims. “I’m connected. I may be in McDonald’s by myself, but I’m not really alone.” I don’t judge her; she’s just trying to cope. I step inside and line up behind her, pulling out my own phone, which was disconnected last July.

5 comments:

  1. delightful......I just love to read good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. The modern way to hide. Great write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    How is your day?

    Glad to land here,
    Amazing poetic muses shared,
    Smiles.

    Welcome joining us for poets rally week 57,
    A random poem or a free verse is okay.
    Hope to see you in.

    Happy Thursday.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)