Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nurses and Firemen

Sock Monkey Wedding Cake Topper Nurse and FiremanPeter’s sister was a nurse who, when I was getting to know her, lived in a little house on Palmerston near Queen, right next to the firehall. We’d been sailing together and, at some point, I guess, she must’ve thought I was at least presentable enough to invite to a big party she was planning.
     But for some stupid reason I can no longer recall, I missed it . . . a party of nurses and firemen from the station next door.
     I missed a party full of people who actually got to be what they wanted to be when they grew up.

Sock monkeys by Waxéla Sananda.

10 comments:

  1. They look good enough to eat! Are they marzipan?

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. They got to be what they wanted to be...interesting...and you didn't???

    ReplyDelete
  3. The opportunity may arise again! Nice twist on the prompt..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a new year, and Sunday Scribblings 2 is a new place for prompts for writers of whatever genre. I was sorry to see Sunday Scribblings go, so I decided to continue the tradition. Each Wednesday, I will post a new prompt. At midnight Friday, you will be able to link your writing to this site: Sunday Scribblings 2

    The prompt is up. Please join us!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)